Boko Haram terrorist reportedly killed at least 69 people, stole about 1,200 livestocks and razed down a village in Faduma Koloram, Gubio local government area of Borno State.
The AFP news agency said that 59 bodies had been recovered, while Reuters reported that 69 people were killed during the attack on Tuesday afternoon, June 9, 2020.
Three sources told Reuters that the insurgents arrived in vehicles and on motorcycles, shooting with AK-47s, razing the village and stealing 1,200 cattle and camels.
ALSO READ: Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Negotiating For A Ceasefire As He Prepares To Surrender
A resident, a Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) member and a soldier each confirmed the same account.
They said the men attacked because they suspected residents of sharing information on Boko Haram’s movements with security authorities.
“It’s an unfortunate day for us to witness this,” said CJTF fighter Kachallah Bumu.
While he said the residents were armed, and had repelled previous attacks, this one caught them off guard. “They took us unaware and killed our people,” he said
ALSO READ: Boko Haram Kills Three Of Its Own Leaders For Allegedly ‘Going Soft’ On Nigerian Army
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated that the petition to recall Senator Natasha…
Nigerian rapper, Odumodublvck has publicly called on Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi to support…
The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has expressed confidence…
American rapper and model, Rubi Rose has made it clear that financial stability is a…
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed reports suggesting that it has introduced N5,000…
Veteran Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji has responded to a fan who remarked on her aging…