Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen on Friday evening abducted about nine passengers aboard a Toyota Sienna space car at Isua Akoko area of Ondo State.
It was gathered that the passengers were Lagos bound from Abuja before the gun wielding men accosted the vehicle in which they were travelling.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the Info State Command, Mr. Tee-Leo Ikoro, however said one of the victims had been rescued.
A family member of one of the victim, Bamidele Ojo, confirmed that the kidnappers had demanded N100 million ransom.
ASP Ikoro who maintained that efforts were being made to ensure release of other victims, said the police were working with hunters, local vigilante and other agencies.
KanyiDaily recalls that a few weeks ago, some kidnappers had demanded N20 million as ransom money for the release of an army captain and two other soldiers in Ondo State.
The three soldiers were also said to have been abducted along the Auga/Akunnu Akoko area of the state, when they were traveling for a military operation.
American rapper Kanye West has sparked speculation that his marriage to Bianca Censori has ended…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated that the petition to recall Senator Natasha…
Nigerian rapper, Odumodublvck has publicly called on Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi to support…
The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has expressed confidence…
American rapper and model, Rubi Rose has made it clear that financial stability is a…
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed reports suggesting that it has introduced N5,000…