Some gunmen have demanded the sum of N100 million for the release of three sisters who were abducted in Eteh-Okofi community, KotonKarffe Local Government Area of Kogi State.
The gunmen were said to have truck in the early hours of Tuesday when the sisters were sleeping and whisked them away into the bush at gunpoint.
A member of the family, who spoke with Daily Trust, said the kidnappers had already demanded a ransom of N100 million for the release of the girls.
“You know, the three of them were sleeping in one room. It was a strange sound that one of the brothers heard and decided to open the door to find out what was happening. They started shooting into the air and by then, they already held the sisters,” he said.
He added that the family had been able to establish contact with the kidnappers, who demanded N100 million as ransom.
“Actually, a contact was established this afternoon, just at about 30 minutes ago… they were demanding N100 million ransom, but negotiation is still ongoing,” he said.
The Chairman of Kogi-Koton Karfe Council, Isah Abdulkarim, confirmed the incident but said he had yet to get the details of the kidnap incident.
KanyiDaily had also reportrd how players and officials of Adamawa United FC were attacked and their driver kidnapped on their way to Lagos.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has stated that the petition to recall Senator Natasha…
Nigerian rapper, Odumodublvck has publicly called on Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi to support…
The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has expressed confidence…
American rapper and model, Rubi Rose has made it clear that financial stability is a…
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has dismissed reports suggesting that it has introduced N5,000…
Veteran Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji has responded to a fan who remarked on her aging…